- First create a new user at https://test.clarity.definity.network/ and complete the registration in case you haven't done so.
- On the start page you will find the button "Stake". This gives you access to all the staking features.
- If you're not yet connected to your wallet holding DEFX, this is the first step. On a Laptop/PC/Mac a MetaMask plugin handles the connection to your wallet, on a mobile device it is WalletConnect, a third party component. Make sure you have selected "Ethereum Mainnet" in MetaMask and connected to the account there, which both ETH (for gas price) and DEFX (for staking).
After you have connected to your wallet, "Connected" must be displayed in MetaMask. Clarity will also show you a "connected" status and let you proceed to the staking dashboard.
- Hit the "Stake" button to get to the "Stake DEFX" screen:
The screen is pretty straight-forward:
- At the top is the total amount of DEFX in your wallet that you can stake.
- The four buttons 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% allow a quick selection. Depending on the selection, the amount to be staked is automatically calculated and displayed.
- If the amount to be staked is to be entered manually, this is possible in the field with the DEFX icon.
- Once you have defined the amount to be staked, hit the "Stake" button to proceed. In a next step, MetaMask will open and ask to to confirm the transaction. Please review the figures to ensure everything is correct. Please note: Confirming the transaction in MetaMask requires a certain gas price in ETH. This cost is to be paid to the Ethereum blockchain for processing the transaction.
- While the transaction is processed on the Ethereum blockchain, a window is displayed in the Clarity app. Please wait until the transaction is processed and the window closes. With the transaction details displayed, you're able to monitor the progress of the transaction on Etherscan.
- Once the staking process is completed, you return to the staking dashboard where you can see all details about the staked amount:
Please sign in to leave a comment.