Token with a vesting scheduled are controlled by a smart contract. Due to their design, smart contracts cannot send tokens to wallets. Authorised persons must therefore withdraw tokens that the smart contract unlocks to their wallet themselves.
Please follow the steps below to transfer the tokens that the smart contract has unlocked to your own wallet:
A Check available DEFX token
- Go to: https://etherscan.io/address/0xc143d461f095f2317a2c2e198f19bbe47b25999f#readContract
- Under "2. getAvailableTokens" paste your ETH address and click "Query" to see how much tokens are available
Important: Please have in mind that all amounts are in smallest denominations (actual DEFX amounts are multiplied by 10^18). If you click the amount shown you get to a unit conversion table. If you look at line "ETH (1)" the figure represents the value in DEFX:
B Withdraw available DEFX token
- Go to https://etherscan.io/address/0xc143d461f095f2317a2c2e198f19bbe47b25999f#writeContract
- Click "Connect to Web3" and make sure that you connect with the ETH address for which you checked number of available tokens in step 1.
Now a window pops up that let you select the wallet you want to connect to. Please make your selection:
- Once you are connected with the correct wallet, enter the amount of DEFX you want to withdraw in section "7. withdrawTokens". Please note that the number needs to be equal to or less than number of available tokens from step 2 above. Now click "Write"
- In the wallet you are connected to, a message will pop-up. Confirm the transaction in MetaMask or WalletConnect. The token are now transferred to your wallet.
Please note: Some people had problems with the proper calculation of gas consumption estimations in MetaMask. In these cases, the error message "Insufficient funds" was displayed:
In case this message appears, the following work-around usually helps:
- Click the "EDIT" button. The following screen appears:
Please select "Medium" from the scale and put the gas limit to 120.000. This procedure helps in many cases to be able to complete the transaction.